How to enable microphone on Google Chrome
We strongly recommend using Google Chrome to use the Reading Hero app.
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Camera or Microphone.
- Choose the option you want as your default setting.
- Look for the Reading Hero website.
- To allow Reading Hero after you already blocked: Under “Not allowed,” select the Reading Hero site and change the camera or microphone permission to “Allow.”
If you’re using a Chrome device at work or school, your network administrator can set camera and microphone settings for you.
Having issues with your microphone?
If your microphone isn’t working, try these steps:
Step 1: Make sure you aren’t muted
If you’re using a headset, make sure the mute switch on the cord is off. Also, make sure you aren’t muted on the website (like Google Hangouts or Skype).
Step 2: Check your system settings
Make sure your microphone is the default recording device, and that recording levels are correct:
Step 3: Contact your manufacturer
If you’re still having problems, contact your microphone’s manufacturer.